By James
Mike wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:58:47 am
Michelle wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:44:20 am So I’ve only read their answers to my question bc I only have a few mins on break… while I do appreciate each of their honesty regarding it I’m not sure who I give the edge to on it lol. They both sorta said they wouldn’t respect the move if it was the other way around and would understand if I didn’t vote for them. lol. 

I totally get WHY they did what they did for their games, so I wouldn’t say I’m bitter. Just gotta figure out who is better …

Same boat. Read mine, and now yours and I'll come back to the rest later. On yours...

Voce 
Just felt like his guilt kinda consumed his answer. When you take this and combine it with his other answers he's a player with a lot of regrets and a heavy heart. I like honesty but also wished he'd apologize a little less. Like I'm sorry I blindsided you and Paul but I'm also not sorry and did what I thought was best (wrongfully so mind you). I also think he didn't think the goat level through in his answer. Dropping to 60% goat because he won the immunity the round you left? Even though he was guaranteed f2 against either Syd or Steph...and you said you'd take him too. He's a bigger goat that he realizes.

Steph
The thing that works here for me in that answer is she's right about me telling her that I found you difficult to read and communicate with about the game (not in a bad way). I always felt at an information deficit with you, bringing you more than I'd get back...and I loved it? Because it showed me you were a really smart savvy player that was a threat even as early as day 1. I said the same thing to Hali too im pretty sure. 

I think her lack of communication with you made you a bigger target in her mind at the wrong times for her game. She wanted to hit you at the Rodney boot with a blindside but I couldn't go with that because I'd love Paul way too early in the game.

Her goat/threat level answer...I don't know. I don't think the percentages are right but it's hard to say why?
That's the answer I agree with the least from her. She is nowhere close to 90% threat/10% goat. I wouldn't even say any of us were close to that range besides maybe Michelle in the end game. (although I guess my perceived threat level was somewhere in the 10's of thousands % from how y'all were acting 💀 jk). 
Mike liked this

James

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Mike
James wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:04:44 pm Voce answered Sydney's second question!

Really good answer tbh. Probably the best answer he could give considering the circumstances.
I thought I agreed with his answer but to me he fucked it up more as I sat on it. Sydney asked for the main problem with Stephanie's game. He pointed out a specific instance where he feels Stephanie had a missed opportunity to make a bigger move. Sydney didn't ask for her biggest missed opportunity, she asked for the main problem overall with Stephanie's game. He's playing "shoulda, coulda, woulda" and it's easy enough to go "well Voce, why didn't YOU lead the blindside against me?". If we balance this against her answer for Naseer, she knew Hali and I wouldn't turn on her so staying loyal to us at f6 made sense for her game, especially if it could push me through to f5 and give her myself and Hali vs Sydney and Michelle - which we would outnumber 3-2 hypothetically. But then her sitting with Michelle, Hali, Sydney, and myself all at f5...I don't know if she beats any of us there. And I realize I'm playing "shoulda, coulda, woulda" now too but that's the problem with his answer - it opens up too much speculation and doesn't erase any doubts.

I think a perfectly suitable answer for Voce would have been "Steph rubbed people the wrong way and stopped talking to people"...but we don't know if he has the insight into Steph's game we do and that then becomes a knock of "well he wasn't socially aware enough".

Mike

• Jury
By Mike
James wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:42:31 am
I agree with Michelle. Voce seems to have a huge heart and Steph went in way more tenacious. I'm soooo glad that Voce stepped up in this F2 and took the time to give full answers (regardless of what we may think about the content matter).

Stephanie seemed to be taking credit for a bit of everything (which I don't think is true but I only observed things from the Ponderosa lol) meanwhile Voce just seems upset about how he played and has the idol mishap to deal with. 

Agreed as well with the assessment. Voce has heart and Steph came to FIGHT. It's a side I expected to see from Steph but I didn't expect Voce to be so "I'm sorry" about everything. But then again, he's Canadian.

My question for you would be - you say you dont really agree with Steph having a bit of a hand in everything (fair thing to question by the way), anything specific that you look at and go "nah I don't think that's true" from her? From my perspective I can see her having a lot of influence throughout the season with what I know about her game from being so close to her in addition to what she's laying out in her answers but I want to see if there's anything we could clear up for you in that regard.

Mike

• Jury
By Mike
Sydney wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:39:15 pm Is everyone leaning towards voting for steph? I think voce deserves at least 1 vote
Not sure if we're allowed to say who we're voting for honestly but I have to believe both finalists will be getting votes. Good fight from both of them.

Mike

• Jury
By Mike
Well I guess that's voting cut-off! Congrats to everyone for a super fun season. You were all awesome to get to know!

Good luck to both the finalists too! Ended up being a really good battle at the end so I'm excited to see the vote reveal soon!
Michelle, Jeff Probst, Paul and 2 others liked this

Mike

• Jury